How to evaluate information
First of all, consider which type of information you need. Do you need facts, opinions, arguments, descriptions, statistics, etc? Do you need information meant for experts or for a wider audience?
Secondly, carefully examine:
- who wrote the information
- what the content is
- when the information was published
- where the information was published
- to whom the information was published
- why the information was produced
This will help you to decide whether the information is reliable, objective, accurate and relevant for your need.