Objective and balanced sources
Absence of conflicts of interest.
- Is the coverage objective or biased?
- Is the information balanced or one-sided?
- Is the information in line with or in conflict with previously known information?
Does the information seem exaggerated?
- Is the publication's main intention to inform? Is the information extensive and does it cover all aspects of the case?
- Is the author's intent to persuade, convince or sell something? Does this affect the content in any particular direction?
- Are there any conflicts of interest? Do individuals or (commercial) organisations connected to the source have any interest in presenting the information in any particular way?